Thirsty for knowledge? You may enjoy our blog site, the M&B Brewing Blog. Click here, check it out.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

Rogue Ales
Newport, Oregon


APPEARANCE: 2.5/3
Light copper color. Decent head–persistent. Slightly hazy.

AROMA: 3/4
Grapefruit nose, subtle hop aroma.

TASTE: 6/10
Hop/Malt Balance: 2/4: Sufficiently malty, but I'm not a fan of the Perle hop used here.
Aftertaste: 1.75/3: Lingering bitterness. Syrupy, fades to bitter. An almost synthetic aftertaste.
Mouth-Feel: 2.25/3: Decently malty, bright.

OVERALL: 2/3: A drinkable pale, but the strong chemical taste is a turn-off.

TOTAL: 13.5/20–I'll Try A Pint

NOTES:
Matt: I know it's popular, but it doesn't do it for me. Give me a Sierra Nevada over a Dead Guy any day. I will give kudos for the variety of beers they brew and the work they put into their web site, which is awesome. These guys clearly have a passion for beer.
Ben: Hop choice is reminiscent of most of Lagunitas's beers–it dominates all else. Just okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment